There is no doubt that uTorrent is the best and the most easy to use torrent client. It is not only the best but is also the most used torrent client of the world. But recently the new versions of uTorrent is coming will sponsored ads on the top and at the bottom left. These ads are by default set to display with an option to disable them. So here is how you can disable the ads display.
Step by Step process
- Open uTorrent and from the menu go to Options > Preferences (Ctrl + P)
- Click on Advance (last option). It will display a list of advance setting on right hand side.
- To disable the Top ad you need to check that the following options are set to False
- offers.left_rail_offer_enabled — set to False
- offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled — set to False
- offers.content_offer_autoexec — set to False
- offers.content_offer_url — should be blank
4. To remove the bottom left square ad set gui.show_plus_upsell to False
Thats all that is there to be done. Just click Ok and restart your uTorrent. You will see all your sponsored ads are gone.
Do you like this article?